Sunday, May 8, 2011

Oh, the laughs

This kid just makes me laugh. Here is a sampling of some of the comical or cute (or both) moments that I want to remember one day.
----
Bryan notices that one of the strips on the blinds has been chewed in Simon's room.
B: "Did you chew on this?"
Simon: "No."
Me: "Simon, did you chew on that?"
S: "Oh, yeah I fink so. I'm sorry. It's good."
----
Simon's up early so I go in his room and lay on his bed. He is standing by his door.
S: "Mommy, I have an important job for you."
Me: "What's that?"
S: "Get up."
----
He's about to grab something that he shouldn't. I tell him no and to be a good listener and he quickly swipes his hand away from the object, rests his head on his hand and smiles. A nice fake out!
----
Simon, to his mother and father: "Hey guys I need to show you something."
Us: "Put it away!!!!!!!"
(Yes, you are imagining right. WTF!!!???)
----
Upon seeing his cousin Clara, his very favorite person in the world: "CLARA!!!!" followed by a run, a giant hug and huge smiles.
----
Happy Mother's Day to me and all the other mom's who are trying to soak up little moments like this :)

1 comment:

  1. Simon is truly unpredictable :) I think one of my favorites is from the other night when I was blessed with the chance to witness "Simon bedtime" first hand. I will do my best to recount. After Bryan put Simon to bed, next was Mommy's turn to say good night. Knowing there was a guest in the house, I was "walkie-talkied" at the request of Simon to say good night as well. As I walked into the tiny bedroom Simon hid beneathe his covers as if in possession of his own "Harry Potter's cloak of invisibility"; too bad the giggles gave him away. After countless "trick" Simon good night hugs to me, we turned to leave and it was the events that unfold next (grande finale if you will) that I love best. You (T) send out a final "I love you good night" upon which Simon responds to us both: "Now go to work!" :)

    ReplyDelete