Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Universe

Though I could cite several examples to confirm this, I'm not going to go into all the nitty gritty details. Just trust me when I say that on this dragged out and incomplete journey to becoming a family of four, the Universe has played some really funny tricks on me (seriously, they're a riot). If you have no idea what I could be talking about, think on the lines of hearing someone else's baby crying on your monitor right after getting a negative pregnancy test. Or getting positive home pregnancy tests only to have a blood test confirm you are not, in fact, with child. Like 3 times. Or being told you're having a miscarriage when you are, in fact, with child.

Or...or...or...

I really could go on, but as promised I will spare you all the nitty gritty details. I just wanted to put out to the Universe that while it may seem like it is intentionally trying to F with me sometimes, I can't stay mad forever. Because the Universe or God or whatever you want to call it brought me a little boy who wears too small costumes, likes to play the ukelele and pretends laundry baskets are cages and/or turtle shells....

Love.
This.
Boy.

1 comment:

  1. I love that little guy too! He was the best trick Mr. Universe played on you. xoxo

    this post made me take an extra special look at the blessings I have and appreciate the little things. thank you.....

    ReplyDelete