Sunday, June 19, 2011

"He's a bat"

8:00pm - Bath. Books. Bed. No problems.

1:45am - "Mommy, I'm thirsty....I'm thirsty, Mommy....I'm thirsty....Mommy, I'm thirsty..." He is standing in the middle of his room with his empty water cup. I refill it. He goes back to bed.

2:00am - Repeat previous adventure. I add, "No more water or you're going to have to go potty."

2:15am - "Mommy, I need to go potty....I need to go potty, Mommy...." I take him potty. He goes back to sleep.

3:45am - "There's TWO moons! Mommy, I see TWO moons! Come look, I see TWO moons!" I mutter to Bryan, "How many moons?" He thinks two. I doze off and dream about grocery shopping at McDonald's with my little sister. Simon is continuing to talk to himself.

4:45am - After generally quiet play since about 4am, he exclaims, "There's people in our new car! They are trying to steal it. One of them has a cowboy hat on. Mommy, come look! There's a naughty man in our new car and he's wearing a cowboy hat! Daddy you need to come look!" Bryan reminds me that he also saw TWO moons earlier so it's possible he's making this up too. I can't resist and take a look. I see no cowboy hat, nor anyone in our car. I try to get Simon back to bed. He refuses, I give up, close his door and return to my bed. He continues to talk to himself.

5:15am - "There are still people in our car! They're getting out! The guy with the cowboy hat is getting out now." I resist the urge to look again, but Bryan reminds me that it's Father's Day and I thought about the fact that yesterday he did his first half ironman so he's probably extra exhausted. I should probably get up soon.

5:35am - Downstairs we go. I turn on Super Why. I make the coffee. I open my computer. I document the night. I wonder what the FU{% lead to a child who apparently only needed 6 hours of intermittent sleep last night. I wonder how he will do on our drive to Appleton and back today. I can only assume our interesting night will lead to an interesting day...

0 comments:

Post a Comment