Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A new goal

Any time I've gone through any infertility treatments, I've gotten very lazy. I told myself that I was taking it easy to promote the very delicate process of creating life. When the scale would creep up I would remind myself that I was on strict doctors orders not to run and the rest of the blame would fall neatly into the lap of artificial hormones. Furthermore, since it was sure to work this month, a little extra weight wouldn't matter and the nausea would render me partially paralyzed soon enough so why bother?

Well, it looks like I've run out of excuses.

Instead of training for another half marathon this year, I am going to do something a little different. I went lap swimming at the Y on Sunday and in the water I decided that the year of 30 will also be the year of the triathlon. My goal on August 9th will be to finish in less time than Bryan, who will be racing a course that is literally more than double the distance of mine. Sadly (or proudly), it's very possible he will beat me :)

So who's with me?

3 comments:

  1. wow.. good for you. i'm with you in terms of support, but i will not be joining you. hahaha. remember too, that you are talking about a matter of a few pounds and you look great regardless!!
    i do like your approach, though--we all need a little fuel to keep us motivated!
    pw

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in! Excited & nervous :) And how funny that Bryan will finish before us!!

    ReplyDelete