Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Housekeeper Extraordinaire

Lately my idea of doing laundry is to separate it into piles all over our bedroom floor one day, wash and dry them over the next two days, hope that I didn't forget anything in the washer so long that it has to be washed again, trip over baskets with folded clothes in them for a couple of days, refold all the clothes that were messed up from digging in the bottom of said baskets and then have them all snug in drawers just in time to have 5 more loads ready and waiting for me.

Lately my kitchen has a never-ending stream of dishes that I can't seem to keep up with. Also, Simon thinks that his plastic plates and every item in our spice rack must be played with and strewn about daily. The letters on the fridge have become my nemesis. There was literally spilled milk all over the counter the other day that I didn't notice until the next morning, when it had already solidified into a gooey mess (no, I didn't cry about it).

Lately the toy room has lost it's sparkle and shine. I was able to keep up with it for a good two weeks, but alas, shit is once again everywhere.

Lately I have wanted to blog but have felt like I didn't have the time.

Lately I've had one focus: paperwork. But HALLELUJAH! After heading to the police station this afternoon with Bryan to get our fingerprints done, I was able to go the post office and relieve myself of anymore paperwork duties. I still have to follow up with one or two people, but for the most part I'm DONE.

Now we just have to work on our education hours and our portfolio. Now I can get back to being the domestic goddess that I am. Either that or now I have to find some other distraction to take the blame for my inability to keep up with basic household chores :)

2 comments:

  1. hee hee. i love this post. so honest. i laughed out loud because the laundry description was spot on for how our house is too. literally. the other morning i flipped out because my socks were at the bottom of a tall laundry basket and i needed them for work. meanwhile eli's clean meaningless play clothes were at the top and in the dark I had to take all of eli's clothes out and put them on the floor-meaning Andy, Bailee and I would walk all over them and they would need re-folding. i was swearing the whole time. loud enough for andy to hear...while he was sleeping. anyways....you are such a goddess! RR

    ReplyDelete
  2. In our house the dirty laundry piles reside in the basement. I swiffered the kitchen today with two different pads and its still disgusting but it's too damn hot. Glad to know someone else is in my shoes. Maybe Simon and Abby can live in the same foster home when social services comes to our homes. JG

    ReplyDelete