Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Fancy Pants

So that's five miso soup, four seaweed salad, three soy burger dinner, two tofu dog platters and one pasta with meatless balls....

Anyone?!

Way back in college my friend Laura introduced me to what became my favorite musical of all time...RENT. The show is basically about a bunch of bohemians in New York, and the above sentence is a line from one of the songs (that I conjured straight from my brain thankyouverymuch). All those years ago this line didn't mean anything to me...what the hell was miso anyway?

Now I can't get the song of my head because I made miso soup this week. And in order to get this soup made, I had to wear a baby on my back because she wouldn't tolerate life anywhere else. And with her still on my back, I washed the food processor that earlier helped make a snack using homemade granola.

I definitely felt like a bit of a hippie in that moment.

To balance out the universe, however, I wore real pants, blow dried my hair, wore make up and watched a lot of prime time tv this week. And I learned something from all these anti-hippie gestures...it's pretty gratifying to change into pajamas at night when you haven't essentially been wearing pajamas all day, plus it's nice to go to the grocery store without worrying that I'm going to see someone familiar because I know I look downright frightful.

I've tried a lot of new things in recent years (hello miso soup and baby-wearing), and I'm ready to add to the list...I'm going to try to wear pants that are not of the sweat or yoga variety most days of the week. Oh, and I'm not going to scare the greater Milwaukee area with my air dried hair.

I'm getting fancy, folks. Ha :)

Simon wanted a turn in the carrier, but it didn't last long. Kid is heavy.
She loves when we look in the mirror while she's being carried around...loves it.

1 comment:

  1. Who is this Theresa that dries her hair and wears jeans? Do I know you? Maybe for Christmas you'll get some trendy new clothes to help make you feel hip and trendy!! I'm excited to see the new you!
    Pw

    ReplyDelete