Monday, October 1, 2012

To three, or not to three

At book club this past weekend we had a discussion about whether any of us would like to have a third child (no, our book was not about this, but we don't restrict our conversations to the confines of a single book topic). When it was my turn to say what I thought would happen in our family, I said I didn't know. Everyone else was leaning one way or the other at least a little, but I was right there in center field.

Deciding to have a third child is much more than can we handle it, do we have room for it, can we afford it, do we have time for it, etc. It's all that, plus how do we get there? We can't just decide one day to try to have a baby and see a double line on a pregnancy test two weeks later. That's just not the way it is and I've come to accept it. It just means we have a little more to deliberate on and have to really, really know we want it.

For now, we are so happy with our little family and don't want it to change any time soon. Maybe in a couple of years we'll feel differently, but for now this is it and it sure feels like enough.

And I swear if I have to contend with one more child thinking they are too good for naps I might literally explode. I'm serious.

She looks so damn innocent...


1 comment:

  1. I love that this question I made you all answer stirred up so much talk and interest. :)
    FUN!
    Love bookclub...always.
    pw

    ReplyDelete