Thursday, October 18, 2012

Sweet Boy

Simon can be a really sweet kid sometimes. Being the complex child that he is, we do get bitter sometimes as well, but that makes the sweet even sweeter right? Right?! :)

I posted this on facebook today, but thought it was worth a blog entry as well...
Simon found an index card and decided he wanted to write a letter to Grandma Berta. He wrote "thank you" (with my help on the spelling) and I wrote the rest for him in his exact words:

"Thank you for the angry birds hat.
From,
Simon Michael Hermus, Riptide Junior, 4 years old"
Aside from thinking it was pretty comical, I actually thought the gesture was so very sweet. His grandma got him a gift that he really liked and he wanted to go the extra mile to thank her. It really made me think I must have done at least a few things right as his mother so far!
On this same topic of Simon being a sweetheart, I thought I was going to burst the other night when I was giving him a hug goodnight. He put his arms around my neck, squeezed tight and said with this sad, hopeful little voice, "I want to keep you. I miss you when I'm sleeping." He wants to keep me?! Oh my God, does this kid know how to schmooze me.  

  

1 comment:

  1. what a kind thing to come up with. you will be happy to look back at this one day!
    pw

    ReplyDelete