Monday, October 22, 2012

Veil and Twist

This past week I tried out two new styles on C. I'm always trying out different looks for a few reasons. One, practice makes perfect for mom and baby - I need to practice doing her hair and she needs to practice letting me. Two, I want to find a couple of styles that are both easy to put in AND to take out. You might be surprised to know that the removal of a style is almost as challenging as doing it in the first place because those little rubber bands are stubborn and I don't want to compromise her hair while removing them. So this in and of itself is a big to do. And three, we need go-to styles that will last a while before having to redo them (some get fuzzy really quickly, while some last several days).

The "veil" style I attempted failed to meet my aforementioned needs...

Strike one: It took forever to put in.
Strike two: It took forever to take out.
Strike three: It lasted less than a day before getting extremely fuzzy.

It was pretty cute while it lasted, but not cute enough to make it worth the effort. I will definitely try it again when her hair is longer.



So today I took out the veil and my fingers finally figured out rope twists. It just clicked in my brain and made sense, so if this style lasts a few days it will definitely be going into a regular rotation. It was super fast, only required a few rubber bands and is super cute. Only time will tell if it will last, but I have high hopes!





And since it's always fun to see "before" pictures, I took a few of those too. I parted her hair on the side and it stayed like that while it was wet. These just crack me up. I feel like she looks like a woman, rather than an 8 month old baby. Ha :)



5 comments:

  1. i love it. i laughed out loud when i read the part about her looking like a woman! hahaha. she is one cute girl and lucky to have a momma so dedicated to hair care! ha.
    pw

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes i laughed too!! those last 2 shots she does look like a woman. a pretty one too. go YOU on that hair. that's amazing. i can't even do my own hair so I know i would stink at doing something this artistic. keep it up. love it. RR

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are too cute. I can't stop laughing. All of this coming from a woman who has always found the fastest way to get from point A to point B. I have to watch you do Cecilia's hair, now that has to be funny. One day, her hair will be long enough for an occasional, simple pony tail. Thanks for the smiles.
    Moms

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh love these photos! She is such a happy baby with dang cute hair! :)

    AG

    ReplyDelete
  5. seriously, all of her pics just melt my heart! She is SO darn cute, and what a happy smile. Great job on her hair styles!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete