Saturday, October 13, 2012

Zombies

Zombies are keeping me up at night. I can't get away from them and keep going back for more; it's affecting my bedtime and therefore my mood. I'm tired. Two more episodes of The Walking Dead left to watch and we can go back to our normal, zombie-free lives again. I need 8 hours and this damn show is so addicting that we are staying up late to watch "just one more episode."

Meanwhile, Cecie doesn't really care what time we went to bed at and she's been in a mood herself lately. My lack of sleep and her lack of smiles has been quite the joyride. She's in a phase where she is only really happy doing two things - being in my arms and exploring the house with no restrictions. For the most part I can manage; I can do a lot with her in a baby carrier, otherwise I just try to make the most of nap time. The thing is, that hair of hers is getting bigger by the day and I have make sure to tend to it regularly. It's a teensy bit of a daunting task because I can't exactly hold her or let her roam free while trying to do her hair. Oh, and remember how I'm an inexperienced vanilla woman trying to do chocolate hair? Like I said. Daunting.

I decided today had to be a hair day, though, bad moods or not. It got ugly in our kitchen a couple of times, but we both survived unscathed thanks to the entertainment value in a comb, a water bottle, plastic bowls, a kitchen towel, a tiny pumpkin and many cheerios. Her hair has a new style that will hopefully last a few days (although none seem to last through a nap, unfortunately) and I even got some pictures while she was roaming free...aka content :)







1 comment: