Saturday, January 21, 2012

5 Days

In 5 days a woman in IL is going to be induced. In 5 days we will get a call. In 5 days we'll know if she plans to go forward with her adoption plan. In 5 days we will either start packing to go see her or start blogging about how she changed her mind.

So for 5 days I am going to try not to be crabby; I'm going to try to enjoy our simple life just how it is; I'm going to try preparing just in case this is the real deal; I'm going to try not to teeter on the edge of tears all day long. For 5 days I will think about this woman and pray for her endlessly.

What I really want to do is sleep straight through the next 5 days and have that phone call wake me up...



3 comments:

  1. i can't imagine being in your shoes. but i can honestly say that is exactly how i would want to deal with it and it sort of is even as an outsider. like i just want it so bad for you...and don't want to wait! also-if i could sleep 5 days straight without having to go to the bathroom I could be well rested to be a mom of newborn just like you! RR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you & the birth mother! I also cannot imagine being in your shoes! My advice is to drink alcohol :) haha!

    AG

    ReplyDelete
  3. focus on prepping yourself this week..however that is. one thing at a time...you'll get there..pray it happens this week, but if it doesn't, she's out there..just waiting to meet her mommy! PROMISE! {but i'm pretty sure this is IT!} pw

    ReplyDelete