Thursday, January 5, 2012

"Christian" Adoption Consultants

I feel heavy today.

This consulting agency that we signed on with in the hopes of getting our baby a little sooner has turned out to be a huge mistake. When we signed on they gave us information to a handful of agencies that we could apply directly to with the understanding that there would be opportunities to adopt within our budget. Only after we signed on, we found that if we wanted to actually use all of these agencies we'd have to fork over another $850 in application fees and none of their total agency fees are actually in our total budget.

I explained to the consultants that for the aforementioned reasons, we no longer wanted to use their services and had we been given the whole picture from the beginning we wouldn't be in this predicament. I think we deserve a refund and they continue to say they "don't understand" and are "confused" about why we feel they have not followed through with their end of the contract. There is no amount of explaining I can do to get them to see it from my side.

They have our money and they are holding on tight.

So we are going to attempt to go through the credit card company to get our money back, but I'm sure it will be futile. Just chalk it up to another shady corner in the world of adoption :(

2 comments:

  1. I am wondering if you could provide me some more information about this consultant and your experience? If so, please email eschwend1 at yahoo dot com. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would also like additional information. What kind of agencies did they try to hook you up with? Do you think those agencies are disreputable also? Could you share their names? If you could email me at daonetwothree at yahoo. Would be greatful.

    ReplyDelete