Sunday, January 29, 2012

A surprisingly nice weekend

Friday morning and afternoon I was pretty much a mess, but by dinner I was able to turn things around. Bryan and I went out to Bonefish (thank you sisters for the babysitting and gift card!) and it was fantastic all around. Good food, drinks and conversation was just what I needed. That relaxed feeling spilled over to the rest of the weekend and I'm still trying to ride it out.

Maybe not having an induction date to look forward to is a little better; it eliminates that uncomfortable familiar feeling of acute anticipation that you can feel throughout your entire body all day long. This way, I can just kind of idly wonder about it all and there isn't the same kind of intense build-up. Although, I must admit that now every time I hear the strumming of a guitar coming from my phone my stomach does a little dance.

I'm trying to imagine hearing my social workers voice on the other end and if I'll be able to detect a smile or a frown. Soooooooooo hoping for a smile.

1 comment:

  1. It's coming! In 2 years you should be able to look back at this particular time and smile...knowing this portion of waiting was very difficult but short in comparison to the overall amount of waiting you have had to endure in the last 4 years. So proud of u. Keep the posts coming. ALL feelings and thoughts are allowed for you T!

    ReplyDelete