Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Yesterday was a good (GOOD!) day :)

Yesterday our boy turned 4. I made Spiderman cupcakes for his classmates. He got to wear a birthday crown. He behaved like normal again (yay!). I took him to the Betty Brinn Children's Museum after school and relished in the ease of taking a 4 year old to a place like that...no stroller, no diaper bag, no nothing. Just him, me and a camera. He never stood still long enough for me to get a decent shot, despite my efforts.

Later in the day, Bryan and I took Simon to see Beauty and the Beast. We were the only ones there except for another family of three whose little boy was also named Simon. I wondered if it was his birthday too, but decided not to ask. I was surprised that I was able to pay attention to the movie at all, knowing this life as a family of three would probably be no longer two weeks from now.

If she doesn't change her mind, that is.

You see, we've been picked. We've been picked by a woman who is having a scheduled induction on January 26th in a town just south of Chicago. I'll do the math for you...our daughter's birthday could very well be a mere 9 days away.

All there is to do now is get our ducks in a row and pray that it all works out. I won't stop you from saying a prayer too :)

6 comments:

  1. This is incredibly fun to read. Praying!!!!

    Sarah
    Rr sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing day!! So many great memories from that day. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to post a few hours ago, but didn't work....i am sending you hug upon hug upon hug upon hug right now! Amazing news to share..can't imagine the stream of emotions you're going through. You must be excited, anxious, overwhelmed, nervous, overjoyed, scared, etc etc etc! Your family is ready, you are ready...more than ready!
    pw

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful post to read :) Praying, praying & praying!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Count us in to say a few prayers! We are so happy for your wonderful news! And it sounds like Simon had an awesome birthday too.
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray hooray hooray! I am so excited for you all. My prayers are with you and your family. I'm sending a prayer to that brave momma who is giving the best thing she can do for her baby-giving it to a wonderful and loving home.
    Love, ER

    ReplyDelete