Sunday, January 22, 2012

A set up

Today I let myself prepare a little bit. I don't want to really prepare because this really might not happen. However, at some point I suppose it will. So I figured there was no real harm in doing the following:
  • Cleaning out my car
  • Buying my first lot of cloth diapers (a whole post for another day, I think)
  • Setting up my sister's Pack N' Play to make sure all the pieces were there (bonus: it matches our living room PERFECTLY)
  • Buying (yellow) curtains and (butterfly) curtain rods for the baby room
It kind of feels like I'm setting myself up for an even bigger letdown if all this falls through, but I truly do have faith that one day we'll need all these things. And Lord knows my car could have used a serious cleaning out either way.
:)

2 comments:

  1. You are doing both..you are giving this girl the preparedness she deserves, but also trying to be realistic and honest with yourself..of your feelings and concerns..so you're doing it right. however you do this..you're doing it right. no one else but you knows what you need this week. tell us if we can help, though... :)
    pw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must be so hard to hold back when you want to go full throttle. Any little touches you do are going to be perfect for your daughter when she comes. Can't wait to hear more about this next chapter of your journey. Thinking about all 4 of you everyday. JG

    ReplyDelete