Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Domes

Today my friend Jessi and I took Simon to see some trains at the Domes. In one of the "dumbs" as Simon was calling it accidentally, they had all these train tracks set up and several trains running through the gardens. When we first got in, he was all excited looking at them and Jessi remarked that he is "such a little boy." :)


My iPhone was going too slow to catch his smile!

The trains were set up in the middle of a garden with a path going all around it. He ran around the path looking at the trains...and around and around again. He literally ran in circles the whole time we were in there, only stopping every once in a while when a train got close to wherever he was (I later learned he was running to catch the train he liked). After about the 15th round, I got out my iPhone out to try getting a video. I apologize for the first few seconds, but the rest illustrates how he kept himself entertained while we were there:



It was nice to get out with him free of a stroller or a diaper bag or the need to eat like clockwork. Since I know our days won't always be this fancy free, I always take an extra minute to appreciate the ease of such outings. More than that, though, it's such a good reminder to just appreciate all the stages that come with a new baby. I want to try to enjoy the stroller and the diapers and the bottles because before we know it, she'll be running around just like him.

Man, I hope this one is the one....two more days.

1 comment:

  1. I like how you make an effort to appreciate it all...because like you have said earlier, everything will not always stay the same!

    AG

    ReplyDelete