Saturday, January 14, 2012

Four years ago, January 14th

As I've mentioned once or twice, I didn't exactly handle pregnancy well and I could not have been more ready meet the baby behind the bump on this day, 4 years back. So you can imagine my delight when I thought for sure my water was slowly breaking (I'll spare you the details, but you can do the math). I was off to see the doctor. They did a test and told me I was perpetually peeing in my pants. I explained that I know what it feels like to pee, and they assured me I could not (it was quite the argument). They did an ultrasound to verify there was plenty of fluid left, measured him at 6lbs 14oz and sent me on my fat way.

Despite my doctor's insistence that I was no more near labor than I was the day before, contractions started (in your face, doc!). The contractions were getting stronger and closer together for a while, but my doctor got the last laugh because eventually they stopped getting stronger and closer...they just kind of stayed the same (yes, in my head my doctor was the enemy at this point). With these teaser contractions I was up until about 3 in the morning when I finally decided to try going to sleep. My head hit the pillow and POOF! I was out and the contractions disappeared....it wasn't meant to happen on 1-14-08.

--

That baby taunting me with contractions four years ago grew up to have his first bad report from his teacher yesterday. Apparently he was all out of sorts. He wasn't listening, was being mean to other kids, was talking inappropriately (think "poopy head") and was in general being a giant brat. Frankly, I'm surprised this day hasn't come sooner....I'm just really hoping it was a one time deal!

1 comment:

  1. "sent me on my fat way", I love this post. Gave me a good laugh. I remember peeing my pants all the time too at the end. Pregnancy is so beautiful isn't it? JG

    ReplyDelete