Thursday, January 26, 2012

Little a this, little a that

Today we're just going about our business.
--

It was a pomegranate snack kind of day...before I got the seeds nicely into a bowl, he tried getting the seeds out himself. It made him look like he had Chicken Pox.


--

Now that he is a big 4 year old he can fully understand what a "thank you card" is. Or at least he can understand, "If you don't write a thank you card, they won't know how much you love your gifts and won't get you anything next year." He also understands, "If you sign your name on all the cards, you can have candy." So sign his name he did :) I actually just thought it would be a great way to practice writing his name and it was cute to see him doing such a big boy thing!

--

Right now we are vegging on the couch watching Toy Story 3 and waiting for our new high efficiency wash machine to arrive. When we first sat down this was our conversation and the underlying meanings:

Simon: Mommy, can I have milk please? {read: Can you get milk for me please?}
Me: I think you have a cup in the fridge. {read: Get it yourself}
Simon: I changed my mind, I think I want water...and I think the water cup upstairs is old. {read: You can't make me drink old water and you know I can't get the water myself so...I win}

Gotta say, I love 4 year olds...and this particular 4 year old knows just how to help me focus on today rather than tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I love your pictures Theresa- they are so clear and it's great how they tell a story. We are thinking of you guys and can't wait to hear of baby's arrival. My fingers are crossed for you that labor happens over this weekend!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete