Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

My 24 Days of Thanksgiving is officially wrapping up today. I've been thankful for my son, husband, family, friends and co-workers among other things, but there is someone really important that I missed.

I don't know a thing about her, but I think about her all the time. Not a day passes that I don't wonder what she will look like or where she will come from or when she'll find her way home. It gives me a sense of peace and happiness knowing she's going to be here one day, but at the same time a sense of anxiety about all the unknowns ahead (reaching far beyond her appearance or birthday).

It's so hard to have the right amount of patience and faith, but I am always trying. And instead of feeling sad that another Thanksgiving is passing us by and we are no closer to having a second baby than we were the one before, I'm going to try be thankful that we actually are a little closer this year (and I'll pretend this statement doesn't actually depress me).

Baby girl, this is for you - it's seriously time to come home. No more Thanksgivings without you.

1 comment:

  1. I pray for her safe arrival! Can't wait to meet her too :)

    AG

    ReplyDelete