Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A new gadget

After much deliberation, Bryan and I decided it was time to invest in a new camera. To pay a professional is quite pricey so we figured if we could learn a few tricks and take nice pictures, we'd really pay ourselves back over the years....plus have cool pictures every day rather than once a year or so (and I want to be able to take a million beautiful pictures of Baby Girl when she arrives).

So we ordered a refurbished one to save a couple hundred bucks and soon we got a tracking number for FedEx and it was on it's way! It went to a few FedEx locations first, then it was set to be delivered yesterday. Then it was delivered.

To our old house.

Needless to say I FREAKED. A whole variety of possibilities flew through my head, most of them resulting in us being out several hundred dollars with no new camera. Luckily my friend Jessi lives just a few blocks away and ran over there to see if it was still at the front door...it was not. While she was looking around waiting for me to get there, though, a guy happened to pull in the driveway and he had it! She was on the phone with me while she was talking to him and relief poured over me. Thank God for good friends and good people.

Phew.

Anyway, back to the camera. I realize that we are not professionals and that the pictures we take probably won't be AS good, but based on our practice shots last night without reading a thing about how the camera works and with the supposedly "crappy" lens it comes with, I'm pretty sure we'll be just fine :) Here's a few of our first shots with our new sidekick:

Getting ready to feed our third Beta fish...

...we'll see how long I can keep this one alive!

The first one was named "Fishy," the second, "Ellie Poochy," and this one is "Purpley."

I love his face, like a mother should.

He has grown tired of being photographed for the day.

Cool practice pic Bryan got.

My handsome grizzly bear.

Playing with all the plastic bowls and bottles we have in our cabinet.

I have no clue what he's going for here...I should probably intervene rather than document.

What a MESS all around his naughtiness!



3 comments:

  1. WOW!!!!!! That's just on auto!!!!!!??????

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! Glad you love it.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be a good investment!! And perfect for when Baby Girl is here!!!!!!!! Love Simon's face in the last pic :)

    AG

    ReplyDelete