Saturday, November 19, 2011

Thankful - 19

I'm thankful for hot water.

I just finished up doing the dishes. So often while I have my hands in the hot, soapy water and the rest of my house has a bit of a chill to it, I think about how grateful I am for something as simple as hot water.

It's something we all grew up with and all have at the turn of a lever, every single day. It's hard to imagine that there are people out there who have no running water...and hot water? From a faucet? Never. It doesn't seem fair that we take for granted the things that other people might never even know exists, but that's the world for you. How I got lucky enough to be born into this life of luxury I'll never know. Again, that's the world for you.

I've been giving thanks to a variety of things for the past 19 days which has been a great way to acknowledge the many blessings in my life, but for some reason a little hot water today served as a great reminder to not only give thanks, but to give. Period.

People out there need help from people like you and me. So out of curiosity, what is your favorite charity to give to?

0 comments:

Post a Comment