Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Thankful - 9

I'm thankful for audiobooks.

I know some people love to curl up with a good book. It's relaxing for them, they like to physically see how far into the book they are, they love their fancy bookmarks (?) or it helps them wind down from a busy day. It all sounds good, but for some reason I have a hard time sitting down to read a book. My reasons are twofold: 1) It's either not engaging enough fast enough so I have a hard time choosing to avoid other responsibilities to sit down with it or 2) it's too engaging, too fast and I completely ignore all my other responsibilities until I've finished it.

So I listen. I listen while I run, do the dishes, fold laundry, sweep the floor, clean the bathrooms, make dinner....really anytime Simon is in school or having his own downtime. My house truly never looks as good as when I have a good book in my ears :)

2 comments:

  1. how do you listen to them? on what device? with headphones or outload for all to hear? I have other friends who enjoy this and I think I would like to give it a try.

    Sarah
    Raina's sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this a direct slam at me and RR? Hahaha. Fancy bookmarks? I use reciepts or old bills:) I'm thankful for book club. JG

    ReplyDelete