Saturday, November 19, 2011

Thankful - 20

I'm thankful for this story. Every time I think about it I literally laugh out loud and if I try to tell it to someone, I have a really hard time getting through it. I'm quite certain I won't be able to truly convey the hilarity via the written word, but I'm going to write it anyways so I can check in on a rainy day and have a good solid chuckle.

We were living at our old house at the time. We had two dogs and a very small yard, so come springtime there was a lot...I mean A LOT of dog poop in a very condensed area. Having the worker-bee husband that I do, I was cozy inside while he was taking on the task of spring poop clean up. He was using a little, handheld garden shovel to get the months old, thawing piles of dung into a plastic bag. I can't remember why, but I decided to go outside to talk to him about something towards the end of this chore. He looked beyond irritated that he was, once again, the one on poop duty and I was bugging him with something unrelated. I said whatever it was that I had to say while he was in mid scoop and the poop fell off the little shovel. I will never forget the way he looked at me with pure exasperation and then reached down to grab the fallen lump...with...his...bare...hand...and threw it in the bag. I asked him if I really just saw him do that and he said it didn't matter anymore because he was covered in poop splatter from head to toe anyways...including his mouth.

I lost all control and for some reason even just thinking about this story sends me into a laughing fit like no other (hence the aching stomach and tears right now). Seriously, trust me on this one...it was freaking HILARIOUS and in my head it just keeps getting funnier. If only there was a way to share the actual memory so you could see what I'm talking about here...JK Rowling had a great idea with the pensieve, but that's a discussion for a different day :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment