Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thankful - 17

I'm thankful I got to share a good, hearty belly laugh with Simon today....and for the dog that made it all possible.

It should come as no big surprise that I have a love-hate relationship with my dog. She is so cute and playful and friendly, but she is so gross and naughty at the same time. I will say, though, that she provides us all with entertainment every day and Simon just cannot get enough of our furry friend...and vice versa.

Anyway, as I mentioned, Elliot is naughty. Her naughty business comes in a variety of shapes and sizes, but today it came in the form of just plain not listening. Simon and I were heading out while Bryan was still home for lunch. The plan was for us to let the dog out and in a minute Bryan would call her back in.

So we walked to the car (still on the street that is unfinished) and started to get in. Elliot trotted along with us and blatantly ignored Bryan when he called for her. I finished getting Simon buckled, got myself in and I could still hear Bryan calling for the dog who is pretending not to hear. We get the doors closed in the car and the next thing I know there is Elliot peeking in the passenger's side window. She is running all around the car trying to find a way in. Simon was finding this absolutely HILARIOUS and, frankly, so was I. Meanwhile, Bryan has to come all the way out to the car to try to get her. Elliot evades him a few times and he eventually has to pick her up and carry her. After she wriggled free the first time I got out my phone to take some video of all the fun being had. That laugh of his makes me melt...




1 comment: